To provide appropriate information technology and process improvement systems to human and ecosystem health service providers, in resource-poor areas worldwide.
To ensure long-term access to open-sourced interoperable underpinnings for effective, resource-efficient implementation of appropriate technology in resource-poor settings worldwide, to ensure that programs have access to and are, in fact, aided by the constant evolution in technology.
- Use of emerging mobile and information technology to gather data and expand medical decision making to remote areas
- Focus on primary care and prevention of disease
- Integration of existing medical and traditional understanding to promote trust and preserve culture and indigenous knowledge
- Establishment of effective community-based provision and prevention strategies
Our goal is to develop and implement techniques of health delivery, access to care and reduction of illness, suffering and disease, which work within and support community and culture. The well being of individuals and communities depends on a healthy symbiosis of human and environment, and our aim is to support this where it naturally exists, and to help communities build and sustain it where it has crumbled. In all of our endeavors, our goal is to listen and learn first, and to ensure our initiatives are understood, needed and desired by the communities we aim to serve.
GHRF works to ensure that systems are interoperable, flexible and adaptable to the continuous evolution of technology. GHRF blends implementation of existing technology and mobile solutions, with the creation of needed open-platform solutions and data utilization systems to ensure that accurate, timely results and outcomes are available to programs, and are utilized to target resources and increase program efficiency.
GHRF guides partners to integrate appropriate technical tools around two pillars of sustainability for programs: assessments and outcomes. GHRF assists programs to assess and identify value propositions as well as systems requirements, to create and test solutions, and to thus convert ideas into program architecture.
GHRF efforts are rooted in local communities - programs are designed collaboratively such that local staff operate, test, transform and maintain GHRF-assisted projects. GHRF has several "proof of concept" systems in which process and tools have been tested and proven, but aims continuously to ensure integration and evolution based on program needs and available technology.
- To provide a toolkit of affordable technologies for health improvement, which have achieved proven benefit and sustainability.
- To build local capacity to manage, iterate and re-architect key tools appropriate, especially, to low resource settings.
- To coordinate efforts between funders, organizations, and communities to reduce duplication of efforts and waste, to target resources, and to spread successful techniques.